RMD is Hiring a Parts and Logistics Coordinator
About the job
Rocky Mountains Distributing (RMD) exists to help our customers THRIVE by providing one-stop lifelong sales and world-class service. We represent global industry leaders and world-class partners including Middleby Manufacturing Lines including Taylor Company, Blodgett, Pitco, TurboChef, Concordia, SouthBend, Middleby Marshall, Broaster, Flavor Burst and many more. RMD is the exclusive factory- authorized warranty service provider for many of these equipment lines as well.
We are a full-service provider and a distributor for an exclusive worldwide manufacturer of food service equipment to the Rocky Mountain region. We work with a wide variety of food service establishments finding the right equipment solutions and avenues to be more profitable for our customers. Our Customer Service philosophy and personal stake in our associates are what set us apart from the competition. We are growing our team and currently looking for a well-qualified Parts and Logistics Coordinator. The equipment we service includes “cold” side and “hot side” cooking equipment. Soft serve ice cream machines, shakes, frozen yogurt, grills, speed ovens, conveyor ovens, custard machines, frozen dessert machines, frozen beverage machines and the list goes on and on.
We are looking for potential team members who espouse our core values and defining convictions. Folks who are hungry, courageous, enthusiastic, and curious. Customer- focused on recognizing that everybody is a customer. Team members who are humble, selfless, patient, respectful and collaborative.
As a Parts and Logistics Coordinator at RMD, you will be responsible for maintaining an extremely elevated level of customer service and professionalism including taking telephone, internet, email, and “walk-in” counter orders. Filling, boxing, crating, and shipping these orders, placing vendor orders, and ensuring adequate inventory levels.
- Relentlessly deliver high-quality amazing work.
- Create and execute revenue-generating opportunities.
- Generates and sends out invoices including coordination of workflow through our corporate software program.
- Contact customers/national accounts/manufacturers and fellow distributors as needed to obtain paperwork required to complete billing.
- Coordinate with partners and manufacturers as needed.
- Provide high level customer service including receiving telephone calls, communicating with sales, support staff, branches and customers as required.
- Assists with additional administrative duties as needed/directed.
- Maintain a current and up-to-date procedure manual on direct responsibilities and provides cross-training to ensure that critical responsibilities are completed when out of the office.
- Live and breathe RMD’s Four Core Values, “Hungry, Customer-Focused, Team and Spark”.
- Work with the entire RMD team to assist fellow team members in daily operations and respond where support is needed.
- Work with service techs to keep vehicles stocked with approved parts.
- Take telephone orders and enter on-line computer system.
- Receiving part orders from vendors and recording into computer system.
- Update customer pricing and vendor costs as needed.
- Keep open channels of communication with service and accounting departments to ensure smooth delivery of parts orders and paperwork.
- Continual review of parts offered for sale and recommendation of new profit opportunities.
- Initiate cycle counting process requiring report generation and physical inventory counts.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date parts inventory to ensure parts are stocked at an efficient and profitable level.
- Always maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Receive service-based calls as dispatched ensuring prompt responses
- Responding quickly and efficiently to customer service requests.
- Providing customers with telephone support for parts replacements.
- Assessing and completing parts orders quickly, efficiently, and accurately
- Embrace a team attitude with exceptional customer relationship skills
- Initiative-taker and capable of working with minimal oversight.
- Ability to read operating and service manuals.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Current driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as part of a rotation, as needed
- Interpreting and complying with all company policies and procedures.
- Attends regular Department and Service meetings, and any other meetings called at RMD.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Preforms other duties as requested.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Standing, sitting, walking, and potentially driving a vehicle for extended periods of time.
Carrying and moving large pieces of equipment.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds
- Sitting for extended periods of time, repetitive motions, and prolonged computer use
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed and keep a “Plus 1” attitude at all times.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, push components and/or equipment to assess, set-up or maintain units
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, and wet conditions
- Exposure and ability to work in the office, shop, warehouse, and kitchen environments.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma. Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a technical role with an elevated level of customer interaction is preferred
- Experience working in refrigeration, appliance repair, mechanical or electrical fields is beneficial, especially if related to Taylor, Broaster, Zumex or equivalent product lines (i.e., Rational, Blodget, Garland, Bunn, Cornelius, FBD, Electrofreeze, or Stoelting)
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, with the ability to ask probing questions and understand and resolve customer concerns.
Must be smartphone and tablet literate (Apple OS, Windows, and Android Software Systems), with the ability to learn and navigate new software quickly. Experience in internet applications.
Experience in a high-volume parts organization or distribution system is preferred.
Must be proficient in working with Microsoft Office 365 Suite
Experience with “Southware” computer software a plus.
Highly organized with demonstrated multi-tasking skills. Meticulous and detail-oriented.
Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal. Any second language is an asset.